UKSA’s Watersports Instructor Training is a customised, comprehensive training package that will provide you with the skills you need to start your career in the watersports industry. There are lots of opportunities to work both in the UK and across the globe as a qualified instructor.
The course is delivered by our industry-leading instructors with a focus on working directly with each individual student. UKSA has been delivering watersports instructor training for over 35 years and we are proud that our one-to-one sessions, mentoring, careers advice, CV writing and recruitment support will give you the edge and contacts you need to enter the industry with confidence.
Plus, we are located in Cowes meaning you have access to arguably the best training waters in the world – The Solent…
- 11 weeks training
- Qualify as a multi-disciplined instructor to teach dinghy sailing and windsurfing
- Gain your multihull endorsement
- Train on paddleboards and paddlesports crafts
- Industry guidance from our professional team including CV workshops, how to prepare for your first season, which companies to work for
- Networking within the industry including a recruitment day during your course
- Train in multiple locations in the Solent and around the Isle of Wight
Work for UKSA
Graduates of Watersports Instructor Training have the opportunity to work for UKSA. If selected by our watersports recruitment team, you can kickstart your new career by spending your first season working in the area you are familiar with and gaining valuable experience with a variety of different groups.
As a UKSA instructor, you can take advantage of a generously discounted food and accommodation package which we provide on site, reducing your day-today living expenses and enabling you to build up cash reserves in the bank. In your first season, if you are 18-20, you can expect to easily save up to £300 month while working with us.
- Increase your knowledge and progress your skills by working in the Solent, widely recognised as one of the most challenging and diverse training areas
- Work with a variety of different groups including, 6-7 year olds, 8-15 year olds, diverse and SEN groups and adults
- Have the full support of Team UKSA mentoring you throughout the season
- Work for five days a week – 40 hours – minimum wage for your age
- Accommodation and food provided on site for just £360 a month
- Option to also work for three evenings and get one day back as holiday
- Holiday allowance for the duration of your contract
- Ongoing training development with the opportunity to add endorsements to your qualifications during your employment
- Use of kit during free time