UKSA offers a unique careers website and placement service.
Run by our in-house Industry Guidance department, this provides a hugely valuable link between job seekers and maritime industry employers worldwide.
We have over 1,200 employers registered, with this number increasing all the time.
What are the main benefits?
- Access a wide range of resources relevant to finding work in the yachting or watersports sectors
- CV writing tips, employer contact lists and many other useful resources
- Create an online profile and upload your CV
- View our online jobs list and apply for a wide range of suitable vacancies
- Employers can view your profile and contact you through the website
Who gets access?
This service is available exclusively to students and graduates of UKSA’s careers course programmes. These currently include:
- Superyacht Cadetship
- Professional Yachtmaster
- Superyacht Crew Training
- Superyacht Interior & Cookery Foundation
- Watersports Instructor Training
An important part of the service relies on us getting to know you and working with you on a 1:1 basis. This helps us give employers accurate information about you and place you in the right vacancies. Therefore we are unable to offer this service to students on short courses.
When can I get access?
Access to the website is given as part of the Industry Guidance process built into your course schedule. Log in details are typically issued within the first week of your course and access remains for as long as you need it throughout your career (subject to adherence to our T&Cs).
What types of jobs are advertised?
In the last two years (2011 and 2012) we advertised over 1,120 jobs, many of which were exclusively available to UKSA graduates. We advertise any vacancies we believe are of benefit to our graduates, whether you are newly qualified or have already been in the industry for several years. This encompasses a huge variety of roles in many areas of the maritime industry, including:
- Flotilla companies
- Charter yachts
- Race yachts
- Private yachts
- Watersports holiday companies
- RYA sailing schools
- Sail training organisations
- Wind farm support vessels
- Yacht deliveries
Constantly improving our service…
We are currently working on a new and improved website to replace www.yachtcareers.com, which has been in use for nearly 10 years and has been a valuable tool in launching the careers of many UKSA graduates.
The new site will offer a greater range of resources and a more user friendly interface for both graduates and employers.
Let us help you launch your maritime career.