Building and assets: Cowes Youth Centre Re-Development
Acquisition of Cowes Youth Centre brings new class rooms and sports facilities to UKSA
Our latest venture is the signing of a 50-year lease on the adjacent Cowes Youth Centre, bringing new sports and leisure facilities to UKSA and the local community. The youth centre has been out of use for several years but is about to be upgraded and given a whole new lease of life with:
- the conversion of two large halls into four much-needed classrooms;
- the installation of a simulation suite for MCA and career students;
- the creation of a secure access route for students between UKSA and the new centre;
- the installation of CCTV and door entry systems;
- the installation of wheelchair access to the sports hall.
The addition of a sports hall, climbing wall and gym to UKSA’s existing indoor swimming pool will benefit both UKSA’s students and the wider community.
Plus a new superyacht galley!
Part of the new centre will be used as a Superyacht Galley – a kitchen that replicates a superyacht kitchen and an ideal learning area for courses such as the Superyacht Interior Foundation.
The majority of work should be completed within 6 months.
This exciting activity, which will support our vision of excellence, is being delivered in conjunction with our investment in other training assets.