UKSA is a single-use plastic free site!
Find out how we’ve been able to do it and our ongoing pledge to support the development of plastic-free oceans.
Why go plastic free?
As a maritime training organisation, we are committed to reducing the use of disposable plastics. We love our oceans and environment and have a duty to take care of them.
- On the 4th June 2018, we stopped using any disposable cups or glasses within the organisation.
- We replaced these with reusable water bottles and drinks cups.
- Cups and bottle are available to purchase on site, or you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- All our sandwich containers, napkins and disposables are now fully-biodegradable and compostable, as part of our commitment to eliminating single-use plastics.
In 2018 we eliminated the following single-use plastics:
- 48,000 Sandwich containers (replaced with compostable packaging)
- 210,000 Plastic cups (replaced with reusable mugs and water bottles)
- 43,000 Single-use sauce sachets (replaced with large recyclable containers)
- 220,000 Napkins (replaced with compostable napkins)
- 2,000 sets of disposable cutlery (replaced with wooden compostable)
The future is bright:
These are small steps but they are a start and we hope you will join us in our continued commitment to our oceans and environment.