RYA Coastal Skipper
Aimed at more experienced day skippers, this course will provide you with the knowledge you need to be able to complete more demanding coastal passages.
You’ll develop skills such as complex boat handling, pilotage and passage planning, as well as navigation, meteorology, command skills, emergency situations, and crew and boat management.
5 day duration.
To successfully complete this course, you’ll need:
- At least 15 days aboard a sailing yacht, including two as a skipper
- 300 miles logged at sea
- At least eight night hours on watch
- Navigational knowledge up to RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore Shorebased level
- Passage planning
- Pilotage by day and night
- Boat handling
- Safety and emergency situations
Successful completion of this course will lead to RYA Coastal Skipper Practical Certification.