Autumn Outings Residential Trips
Train, learn and grow
Our customised programmes are designed to build confidence and encourage teamwork using a wide range of activities and outdoor learning as a catalyst for positive outcomes.
During the winter months we run our Autumn Outings programme which is aimed at secondary schools and youth groups with activities focused on maritime but including more shoreside and indoor activities.
Maritime focus and multi-activities
The Autumn Outings programme encourages resilience and teamwork along with problem solving, which benefits students when they return to the classroom environment and back to their own communities and social groups.
Depending on the length of the residential visit, the Autumn Outings syllabus will include survival at sea and ashore, keel and deck work such as learning knots, lashings, rigging and boat controls as well as radio use and communications techniques including MAYDAY calls. Students will also learn basic plotting with navigational charts and maps, complete team building exercises and partake in a beach clean or maritime walk in Cowes.
It’s not all learning, students also have the opportunity to try their hand at climbing, archery, canoeing and volleyball as well as den building, water polo, movie nights and crabbing.
Daytime activities include:
- Personal survival techniques
- Navigation with charts
- Deck work – knots, lashing, rigging
- Team building games
- Radio techniques
Evening activities include:
- Indoor pool games
- Indoor Olympics
- Movie night
- Climbing wall
- Indoor football/netball
We do the hard work, so you don’t have to! Our team are ready to work with you to make sure your trip is as hassle-free as possible.
- Return ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight
- All kit required for activities, e.g. wetsuits, buoyancy aids and safety helmets
- Daily action-packed customised team-building activities
- Fully supervised evening entertainment
- Access to 50 Degrees North, our dedicated chill-out area for children
- Home cooked healthy food including a hearty breakfast, packed lunches and a wholesome evening meal
- CCTV perimeter fences and secure front gates
- Sole-occupancy dormitory-style rooms with coded door access to each block
- Separate leader rooms in the same block as students
- One free leader place per 10 participants
- Access to our newly refurbished full-sized sports hall
Relax after a busy day with us in our comfortable self-contained dormitory rooms. Rest assured your group will enjoy sole occupancy in single gender rooms, with separate leader rooms available within your allocated block.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|Full English breakfast||Full English breakfast||Full English breakfast||Full English breakfast||Full English breakfast|
|Pack lunch||Pack lunch||Pack lunch||Pack lunch||Pack lunch|
|Spaghetti bolognaise or Lentil bolognaise (v)||Oven baked breaded chicken or Vegetable goujons (v)||Island butchers sausages and mash or Vegetarian sausage (v)||Meatballs or Macaroni cheese (v)||Lasagne or Vegetable lasagne (v)|
|Salad Bar||Salad Bar||Salad Bar||Salad Bar||Salad Bar|
|Chocolate sponge||Pear crumble||Lemon crunch||Apple tart||Fresh fruit salad|
Register your interest
At least 10% of our students have special needs. Our autistic students became comfortable to be in wetsuits and in the cold water. Another student who was a selective mute became comfortable to speak his name to an instructor by the end of the week.
The Greville Primary School – Residential School Trip