Train to be a Senior Instructor
RYA Senior Instructor
The RYA Senior Instructor course is a widely recognised qualification that allows you to organise and control group sailing tuition and to supervise and assist instructors.
Who is the RYA Senior Instructor course for?
As a Senior Instructor you must be confident, a competent manager, capable of organising groups of all ages and directing work to instructors.
- Minimum age 18;
- Dinghy Senior Instructor: At least two years intermittent or one year full time instructing since qualifying as an RYA Dinghy or Multihull Instructor
- Keelboat Senior Instructor: At least two years intermittent or one year full time instructing since qualifying as an RYA Keelboat Instructor
- RYA Safety Boat certificate*
- Valid first aid certificate*
- Signed recommendation from the Principal of an RYA recognised Training Centre (see G14/05 handbook)
- Sailing ability to at least the standard of RYA Instructor (an assessment may be necessary if sailing ability cannot be adequately demonstrated during the training course).
* Please note that if you wish to attend a coastal instructor training course, the Safety Boat certificate should be completed at a coastal location.
*All candidates are required to hold a first aid certificate. Acceptable certificates include the RYA’s First Aid Certificate, First Aid at Sea, or any other certificate issued on completion of a course which is a minimum of one day’s duration, recognised by the Health and Safety Executive and includes the treatment of hypothermia, cold shock and drowning.
The Senior Instructor workbook can be downloaded here
|RYA Senior Instructor (Dinghy)||22/10/2019||25/10/2019||£500||£440|