MCA Approved Engine Course
The MCA Approved Engine Course (AEC) develops your basic understanding from the RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance course to a more advanced level. It provides the practical basic hands on training and theoretical knowledge of diesel engines to enable you to work on board yachts as engineer/ duel deck engineer within the yacht, workboat, fishing, tugs sectors of the maritime industry.
Who is the AEC course for?
This course is the first level qualification for the MCA Engineering Officer training scheme.
Minimum age 18 years old.
If you have no previous engineering experience we would advise that you attend an RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance before completing this course.
4 Days (30 hours)
Enables you to work as engineer onboard a vessel over 24m, including dual role deck / engineer positions.
Includes all food and accommodation for the duration of your course. You won’t find better value!
- MCA Approved Engine Certificate (AEC)
MCA Approved Engine Training Course Certificate Syllabus
- General principles of compression ignition engines
- Two- and four-stroke operation cycles and construction details
- Fuel system and the role of air in the combustion process
- Cooling systems and lubrication technology
- Power transmission units and hull fittings
- Engine electrical systems
- Safe working practices and pollution legislation
- Bottled LPG installations
Please follow the link for the full MCA Approved Engine Certificate (AEC) syllabus.
Looking to work on vessels over 24 metres?
Note: You will be required to hold the STCW Basic Safety Training qualification.
|Approved Engine Course 1||25/09/2019||28/09/2019||£800||£740|
|Approved Engine Course 1||29/10/2019||01/11/2019||£800||£740|
|Approved Engine Course 1||09/12/2019||12/12/2019||£800||£740|
|Approved Engine Course 1||14/01/2020||17/01/2020||£800||£740|