Chief Mate Certificate of Competency
The Chief Mate (Yachts less than 3000gt) Certificate of Competency is an endorsement of the Officer of the Watch (Yachts less then 3000gt) Certificate of Competency.
Before you can apply to the MCA the Chief Mate (Yachts less than 3000gt) CoC you must complete a number of MCA Ancillary courses.
Required MCA Ancillary Courses for Chief Mate (Yachts less than 3000gt):
Entry Requirements for Chief Mate (Yachts less Than 3000gt) Certificate of Competency (CoC)
- Hold an Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt) Certificate of Competency Or have completed the training requirements for Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt) Certificate of Competency
- Hold either; An RYA Yachtmaster Ocean certificate and RYA Yachtmaster Ocean shorebased certificate or an IYT Master of Yachts Unlimited
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Hold a valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate) or accepted equivalent
Please Note: The above entry requirements are not required to attend the training courses for Chief Mate (Yachts less than 3000gt), However are required to apply for your Notice of Eligibility (NoE) to obtain the endorsement. Full details can be found on the MCA Oral Examination Form MSF 4343.
For full Training and Certification Guidance of the UK requirements of Deck Officers on Large Yachts (over 24m) please refer to MSN 1858.
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you free to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ included if you book consecutive courses (up to a maximum of 3 nights)
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible & extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening
“The ability to stay, eat and study all in the one place makes the whole experience a lot simpler and allows you to focus on the courses you are doing.” UKSA Professional student