MCA Training Modules
The MCA Deck Officer Training certificates all require a variety of MCA training modules to be completed before the relevant Certification of Competency is issued. In this section you will find details of the individual training courses that need to be completed for each qualification.
Did you know?
- STCW Basic Training is a pre-requisite for all MCA Deck Officer Training qualifications.
Below is a list of individual modules
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC)
- Human Element, Leadership and Management (Operational)
- Human Element, Leadership and Management (Management Level)
- Navigation and Radar
- General Ships Knowledge
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (Restricted)
- Efficient Deck Hand (EDH)
- Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS)
- Advanced Fire Fighting
- Proficiency in Medical First Aid
- Stability (Master Yachts)
- Business and Law (Master Yachts)
- Navigation, ARPA and Radar Simulator (Master Yachts)
- Seamanship and Meteorology (Master Yachts)
- Proficiency for Persons in Charge of Medical Care on Board Ship
- Celestial Navigation Refresher and Exam
- Orals Preparation Master (Code vessels less than 200gt) Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 500gt)
- Orals Preparation Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt)
- Orals Preparation Master (Yachts less than 500gt/3000gt)
Call Beth our MCA course advisor today on +44 (0) 1983 203001 who is here to help with any queries.