The Essential Marine Radio Certification
The GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC) is the highest level in radio communication. It is required for any personnel who have radio communication duties onboard vessels fitted with GMDSS equipment. GMDSS stands for Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
GMDSS Course information:
The General Operators Certificate (GOC) course provides a mixture of theory and practical application as part of the GMDSS examinations.
The course covers three main areas:
- General knowledge of Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and practical radio operations
- Regulations and procedures for situations such as emergencies and distress
- Practice and understanding of radio-telephone communications and equipment
- Master (Code Vessels less than 200gt) Officer of the Watch (Yachts less then 500gt)
- Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt)
- Fluent in English and knowledge of the phonetic alphabet
- 8 Days
Examination & assessment:
The course includes written tests and a final individual practical examination with an independent examiner.
The full details GMDSS General Operators Certificate course syllabus can be found in the AMERC Administration Handbook below.
Note For details regarding the endorsement or revalidation of your GMDSS General Operators Certificate please follow the appropriate link below for full details.
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||26/04/2019||03/05/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||21/06/2019||28/06/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||06/09/2019||13/09/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||04/10/2019||11/10/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||25/10/2019||01/11/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||25/11/2019||02/12/2019||£1,600||£1,460|