The Essential Marine Radio Certification
LIMITED OFFER – 10% DISCOUNT on our 21st June ’18 course!
The GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC) is the highest level in radio communication. It is required for any personnel who have radio communication duties onboard vessels fitted with GMDSS equipment.
GMDSS stands for Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
The General Operators Certificate (GOC) course provides a mixture of theory and practical application as part of the GMDSS examinations.
The course covers three main areas:
- General knowledge of Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and practical radio operations
- Regulations and procedures for situations such as emergencies and distress
- Practice and understanding of radio-telephone communications and equipment
Fluent in English and knowledge of the phonetic alphabet
Duration: 8 Days
Examination and assessment:
The course includes written tests and a final individual practical examination with an independent examiner.
The full details GMDSS General Operators Certificate course syllabus can be found in the AMERC Administration Handbook below.
Note For details regarding the endorsement or revalidation of your GMDSS General Operators Certificate please follow the appropriate link below for full details.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible & extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights