MCA approved HELM (operation level) certificate
The operational level (3 day) Human Element, Leadership and Management (HELM) (Operational Level) course is now required for candidates applying for the Master (Code Vessels less than 200gt) Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 500gt) and Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt) CoC. The course covers the requirements for young watch keeping officers to work with their superiors and manage their teams.
Helm Training – course details
Examination and assessment:
Individuals will be assessed throughout the course, both written and observed, on the knowledge and application of the theories learnt.
From the 31st August 2013 an MCA approved HELM (operation level) certificate is required for the issue of a Master (Code Vessels less than 200gt) and Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt) CoC.
Those already holding the appropriate CoC will not be required to sit the course.
What is included:
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your HELM course studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights