Proficiency for Persons in Charge of Medical Care on Board Ship (STCW A-VI/4-2)
The Proficiency for Persons in Charge of Medical Care on Board Ship is a component module for the MCA Master 500 certification. It is a natural progression from the MCA Proficiency in Medical First Aid course, and is designed for anyone who has responsibility for medical care on board.
The module will give the candidate knowledge of medical care at sea together with the confidence that will allow them to deal safely with any situation. The course contains both theoretical and practical elements.
Medical Care on Board Ships Course Information
Candidates must have successfully completed MCA approved training programme in Proficiency in Medical First Aid
Examination and assessment:
There is both an oral and written examination by an independent examiner.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights