Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (Restricted)
LIMITED OFFER – 10% DISCOUNT on our 4th July ’18 course!
The Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (Restricted) course, previously Advanced Sea Survival for Yachtsmen has now been updated and issued under regulation VI/2 of STCW 1978 as amended.
This ancillary course is part of the training required to obtain an MCA Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt) Certificate of Competency.
The Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (Restricted) course will provide the education and training to yacht personnel who are required to take charge of a survival craft in emergency situations.
The course is intended for only personnel serving in vessels not equipped with davit launched lifeboats and is intended as a direct replacement for the existing “Advanced Sea Survival” certificate.
This certificate does not qualify the holder to operate fast rescue boats.
Please note; the Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (Restricted) course is required to be updated every five years from the date of issue. If you hold an Advanced Sea Survival of Yachtsmen certificate, you can update this by completing an Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (Restricted) course.
To attend this course you must:
- Be at least 18 years of Age;
- Hold a Certificate of Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Code A-VI/1-1);
- Have completed at least 6 months approved seagoing service.
Examination and Assessment:
The course will be assessed in three parts;
- In-course continuous assessment
- Practical assessment
- A final exercise designed to test understanding of the techniques learnt during the course and an oral/written examination to test this knowledge.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights