Seamanship and Meteorology (Master Yachts)
The MCA Seamanship and Meteorology (Master Yacht) course is a component of the MCA Master certificate.
The course covers five areas;
- Seamanship; including heavy weather, emergency action, ship handling, dry docking.
- Navigation; including watchkeeping procedures, IRPCS and passage planning.
- Meteorology; including atmospheric stability, air masses, local variations, pressure and meteorological forecasting.
- MARPOL; including IMO conventions concerning safety of life and environmental protection.
- Code of Safe Working Practices; including personal safety, safety officer responsibility, incident reporting and investigation.
Examination and assessment:
Assessment is by written 2.5 hour examination at the end of the module. A 60% mark is required to pass the examination.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights