GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC)
The GMDSS General Operators Certificate (GOC) is the highest level in radio communication.
It is required for any personnel who have radio communication duties onboard vessels fitted with GMDSS equipment.
The General Operators Certificate (GOC) course provides a mixture of theory and practical application as part of the GMDSS examinations.
The course covers three main areas:
- General knowledge of Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and practical radio operations
- Regulations and procedures for situations such as emergencies and distress
- Practice and understanding of radio-telephone communications and equipment
- Master (Code Vessels less than 200gt) Officer of the Watch (Yachts less then 500gt)
- Officer of the Watch (Yachts less than 3000gt)
- Fluent in English and knowledge of the phonetic alphabet
Duration: 8 Days
Examination and assessment:
The course includes written tests and a final individual practical examination with an independent examiner.
The full details GMDSS General Operators Certificate course syllabus can be found in the AMERC Administration Handbook below.
Note For details regarding the endorsement or revalidation of your GMDSS General Operators Certificate please follow the appropriate link below for full details.
What is included:
The residential price in includes all food and accommodation for the duration of the course. You will be accommodated on site at UKSA in a shared twin occupancy en-suite room.
Subject to availability you can upgrade your accommodation to a single occupancy en-suite room for an additional £20 per night.
If you book consecutive courses, we will include accommodation the nights in between free of charge (up to a maximum of 3 nights).
Our non-residential course price includes lunch.
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||06/09/2019||13/09/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||04/10/2019||11/10/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||25/10/2019||01/11/2019||£1,600||£1,460|
|GMDSS General Operators Certificate||25/11/2019||02/12/2019||£1,600||£1,460|