Proficiency in Designated Security Duties PDSD (STCW A-VI/6-2)
This one day Proficiency in Designated Security Duties PDSD course will provide those undertaking designated security duties on board ship with the essential training, education, understanding and proficiency requirements set out in the STCW Code.
The course will cover why ship security is important, the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved in ship security, what constitutes a security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations, and the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems.
Proficiency in Designated Security Duties PDSD (STCW code Reg A-VI/6-2)
- Background and Operational requirements of the ISPS Code and SOLAS amendments
- Ship security arrangements, security levels and threats
- Methods of personnel search, ship search and crowd management
- Techniques used to circumvent security
- Identification of restricted areas on board ship, including methods to prevent unauthorised access
- Responsibilities of the company, CSO, SSO, the Master, PFSP and persons with designated security duties
- Communication Security
- Response to a security incident
What Security Duties are involved?
Due to an increase in maritime security over recent years, security duties play a very important role on-board ships that operate within international waters.
Duties such as conducting security inspections to crowd control are just an example of some of the work you’ll be carrying out.
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||29/07/2019||29/07/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||23/10/2019||23/10/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||25/10/2019||25/10/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||04/11/2019||04/11/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||17/11/2019||17/11/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||25/11/2019||25/11/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||26/11/2019||26/11/2019||£125|
|Proficiency in Designated Security Duties||10/12/2019||10/12/2019||£125|