STCW Update Training
STCW Update Training Requirements
Following the Manila Amendments to the STCW Convention (STCW 2010) anyone serving onboard ship and qualified in any of the following, must, as of the 1st January 2017, have completed STCW Update Training within the last 5 years;
Courses impacted by the STCW convention
- Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques (PST) STCW A-VI/1-1, (recognised equivalent pre 31 January 2000: Basic Sea Survival);
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats (PSC & RB), STCW A-VI/2-1 (recognised equivalent pre 31 January 2000: Proficiency in Survival Craft or Lifeboatman’s Certificate);
- Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats (PFRB) STCW A-VI/2-2;
- Proficiency in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FP & FF), STCW A-VI/1-2 (recognised equivalent pre 31 January 2000: MNTB 2 Day Fire Fighting Course);
- (Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) STCW A-VI/3 (recognised equivalent pre 31 January 2000: MNTB 4 Day Fire Fighting Course).
If the issue date of your qualification is prior to January 2012 you will be required to update this qualification before 1st January 2017.
Full details regarding the STCW update training can be found in MSN 1865.
What STCW Update Training do UKSA offer?
At UKSA we currently offer the STCW Update Training for the two Basic Safety Training modules that are required to be updated. please follow the link below for full course details, dates and prices.
note; that UKSA is currently going through the an approval process with the MCA to be able to run the Advanced Fire Fighting (AFF) STCW A-VI/3 training for both the full course and new update requirements.