Upgrade your Yachtmaster (Offshore) qualifications with our newly repackaged seven-week Ocean Training course.
Ocean Training offers the same all-inclusive, flexible and personal package which comes as standard at UKSA.
Food and accommodation are included in the price and there are no hidden extras.
With multiple and frequent start dates you can choose to go straight into this course from Professional Yachtmaster, or at any time during your career progression.
Ocean Training will give you qualifications, practical sailing experience, engineer and maintenance skills required to work on all types of yachts, helping you gain a long term career in the marine industry with unlimited tickets – allowing you to skipper vessels up to 24 metres anywhere in the world.
This course will increase your employability, aid your career progression and give you the qualifications to build an impressive marine CV for work. Your unlimited tickets will open doors.
* RYA / MCA Yachtmaster Ocean (Sail)
* RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Shorebased
* MCA Approved Engine Certificate
- Navigational training
- Ocean passage planning and practical qualifying passages, covering the required passages to qualify for the MCA/RYA Yachtmaster Ocean qualification
UKSA Professional Yachtmaster or RYA Yachtmaster Offshore
- Route to Master 200 Unlimited
- Route towards Chief Mate
- Employment on workboats
- Employment in offshore windfarms
- Delivery skipper
- Adventure sailing jobs
Unique to UKSA are the excellent personal development opportunities on offer — one-to-one career mentoring, our robust assessment process and guidance towards a job at the end of the course thanks to our excellent industry contacts.
UKSA has fantastic facilities and an extensive fleet of yachts, a state-of-the-art simulation suite, inspirational professional instructors and almost guaranteed camaraderie among your fellow sailors — the course will meet your every requirement and more.
As a charity, UKSA is committed to removing the financial barriers some people may face, making training and qualification accessible to all who have the passion for a career in yachting or watersports. To see a full list of all of our funding opportunities visit our funding opportunities page. Alternatively talk to your course advisor who will be able to assess your eligibility and put you forward for suitable bursaries.
1. ENG 1 Medical – You must have an ENG 1 seafarer medical fitness certificate to work at sea if you are a seafarer, in charge of a ship or are serving on a merchant ship or yacht. The maximum fee for an ENG 1 medical examination is £80, must be issued by a doctor approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA). Please follow the link below to see a list of all MCA approved doctors based in the UK.
2. Commercial Endorsement – To commercially endorse your RYA Yachtmaster Certification you will need to complete the RYA Application for Commercial Endorsement Form, pay a fee of £33 to the RYA and enclose the following;
- The Certification your are endorsing
- A copy of your STCW Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1) certificate
- A copy of your STCW Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3) certificate
- A copy of your RYA Marine Short Range Radio certificate
- Your RYA Professional Practices and Responsibilities Certificate (Can be completed whilst training, a Fee of £39 is payable to UKSA)
- ENG 1 seafarer medical fitness certificate (a photocopy will be accepted)
- One passport sized photo