Superyacht Crew Training
About the course
If you are interested in beginning a career in the superyacht industry, this course is great starting point. Our Superyacht Crew Training course has been designed to meet the growing demand for well-trained professional crew and will provide you with the training you need to work as a deckhand or crew member.
Where can it take you?
Working in the superyacht industry can offer travel to locations including the Mediterranean, Europe, the Caribbean, America, Asia, Canada, New Zealand. You can typically earn around €2000 a month tax free, plus more in tips. Plus, food and accommodation costs are usually included once you are employed. This course can act as a springboard into a long-term career and many of our graduates return to UKSA to continue their training.
Training at UKSA
Our all-inclusive course gives you all the practical knowledge you need, plus guidance from instructors who have worked in the industry themselves. We will prepare you for the unique ethos of the work-hard-play-hard superyacht industry, ensuring you understand the demands that will be placed on you when you begin work.
Price: £4,050 (inclusive of all food and accommodation)
Deckhands are typically required to work long hours and must be physically fit and able. You must be energetic and enthusiastic with an ability to work to a high-standard in all tasks. You must have an ENG1 seafarer medical fitness certificate to work at sea (click here for more details).
- 29-day course
- Expert tuition on our yachts and in the class-room
- Crew training including deck work, look-out and watch duties, tender duties and safety procedures
- Vessel care including maintenance, basic repairs and day-to-day cleaning
- World-class facilities at our Cowes base, the home of yachting
- All food and accommodation included
Course qualifications upon completion
- UKSA Crew Training Certificate
- RYA Competent Crew
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Tender Operator
- RYA Personal Watercraft Proficiency
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
UKSA are committed to making training and qualifications accessible to those who have the desire to succeed in a yachting or watersports career. To see a full list of all of our funding options visit our funding opportunities page or call us to talk about your options on: (01983) 294291.