Superyacht Stewardess and Steward Training Course
Would you like to travel and visit the world’s most beautiful destinations whilst earning on average €2,500 per month tax-free plus tips? Those seeking the superyacht lifestyle might be interested to learn that in just three weeks it’s possible to equip yourself with the initial skills needed to work onboard.
If so, UKSA’s Superyacht Hospitality course can launch your career working as a steward or stewardess working onboard superyachts in this luxury hospitality industry.
As the superyacht industry continues to grow year on year, so does the demand for well-trained interior crew to provide the exceptional levels of service and attention to detail expected onboard these luxury vessels.
At UKSA we have seen on average 80% of our students securing a role within 3 months of completing their training.
Overview of the Superyacht Hospitality Training Course:
The world’s luxury yachts provide the perfect environment in which to deliver the ultimate standard of service.
Delivered by renowned Superyacht Management Consultant and ex-Chief Stewardess, Vanessa Hodgson, our unique Superyacht Hospitality Training course has been developed in line with the GUEST programme. This course delivers all of the qualifications, practical skills, industry guidance, knowledge and support required to launch a successful career within the superyacht industry.
All the practical skills you will need
- Personal presentation, professional etiquette and protocol
- Table management, placement and settings
- Styles of service, course and order of service, buffets
- Cocktails, bartending, wine and spirits appreciation (covering knowledge of wines and port)
- Party, event planning and execution
- 7* Housekeeping & attention to detail/superyacht cleaning
- Laundry services
- Health & safety onboard
- Crew dynamics and life on-board
- Understanding the high standards required for catering on yachts
- UKSA Superyacht Hospitality Training certificate
- Foundation Food Safety certificate
- STCW Basic Training
- MCA Personal Survival Techniques
- MCA Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- MCA Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- MCA Elementary First Aid
- MCA Proficiency in Security Awareness
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
Industry guidance, knowledge & support at UKSA
- Unparalleled Industry Guidance and mentoring
- Evening lectures from superyacht industry professionals
- Marine CV writing workshops and dedicated career advice
- Exclusive access to UKSA’s yachtcareers.com job site
- A broad and comprehensive syllabus, delivered by top hospitality and maritime specialists
- Prepares you to deliver a level of service which most 5 star hotels aspire too
- Puts you on a path where you can earn up to and over €2,500 per month after 3 weeks of training! No rent, bills or significant expenses
Hospitality job opportunities after graduation
Most of the hospitality graduates find junior steward/stewardess roles on yachts from 30m up, although some find other routes such as being sole stew on smaller boats or they transfer their skills and work the ski chalet seasons too.
The work will undoubtedly be long hours doing basic service but the rewards are multiple, especially if you are competent, capable and confident. The wage packets are around €2,500 Euros per month plus bonuses, and of course, much of this can be banked as food and board are included.
Not only is it a good alternative to uni as a route to employment, but many students take this route after uni as a good way to pay off their fees and travel the world at the same time.
So if you are thinking about a gap year, an alternative to university or career change then this is the course for you. Contact our sales advisors to book your place on 01983 203038 or email [email protected]