Superyacht Stewardess and Steward Training Course
Would you like a career in luxury hospitality that would see you travelling the world and visiting the most beautiful places from the Mediterranean, Caribbean and Indian Ocean?
If you have a passion for hospitality and a desire to travel, we will give you the tools and experience to excel in this exclusive industry. This career pathway offers attractive packages including remuneration of approximately €2,000 p/m, meaning your investment could be paid off within a few months.
A great alternative to university and what better way to see the world!
About the Superyacht Interior Foundation Course
This course provides aspiring stewards and stewardesses with the skills to deliver exceptional standards of service on-board luxury yachts.
Our instructors and industry professionals are renowned within this elite industry, delivering quality training to prepare you for working in the world of yachts and superyachts.
The world’s luxury yachts provide the perfect environment in which to deliver the ultimate standard of service.
Our Superyacht Interior Foundation course is unique in that it has been developed inline with the GUEST programme and includes additional elements and solid industry experience.
There is currently a huge demand for qualified stewards and stewardesses, and we have seen on average 85% of our students secure a role within 3 months of completing their training.
- Superyacht Interior Foundation certificate
- Foundation Food Safety certificate
- STCW Basic Training
- MCA Personal Survival Techniques
- MCA Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- MCA Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- MCA Elementary First Aid
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Short Range Radio
This course has many benefits for a budding yacht stewardess or steward. Here are just a few:
- A broad and comprehensive syllabus, delivered by top hospitality and maritime specialists
- Unparalleled Industry Guidance and mentoring
- Prepares you for a service career with opportunities to live on luxurious yachts and travel to some of the most spectacular areas of the globe
- Train to deliver the level of service to which most 5 star hotels aspire
- Popular with individuals transferring from other hospitality-related careers, as well as couples looking to work together in the industry
- Develop your ability and passion for delivering a level of service beyond first class
- Huge demand for high calibre staff in this sector
- AND it will put you on a path to a job where you could earn up to and over €2,000-€2,500/month, with no rent, bills or significant expenses
Superyacht Hospitality Training Course Syllabus
- Personal presentation, professional etiquette and protocol
- Housekeeping and detailing/superyacht cleaning
- Laundry and Ironing
- Life onboard
- Health and Safety onboard
- Table management, placement and settings
- Styles of service, courses and order of service, buffets
- Bar tending, including spirts and cocktails and wine appreciation, covering product knowledge of wines and ports and cigars
- Understand the high standards required for catering on yachts
- Event planning and execution
- What qualifications will I need? There are no prerequisite experience necessary and you don’t have to sail!
- Is this qualification recognised within the industry? Yes this course is accredited by the Professional Yachting Association (PYA) and includes the essential STCW basic safety training for work onboard.
- Will I get to travel the world? The world’s luxury superyachts are often in the world’s most glamorous locations, so with this career you get to travel and live the dream.
- What is life on campus like? Day to day life at UKSA is fairly routine but try out new things every day as the classes are always different. In breaks and downtime you get to socialise with new friends and with people already working in the industry. It’s a lot of fun and you are likely to make friends for life!
As a charity, UKSA are committed to removing the financial barriers some people may face. To see a full list of all of our funding opportunities visit our funding opportunities page. Alternatively talk to your course advisor who will be able to assess your eligibility and put you forward for suitable bursaries.
Bolt-on option is available
You can also take the five-day RYA Competent Crew which will put you at an advantage, as you will gain that extra knowledge to make you an active and useful crew member. During this course you will cover approximately 100 miles, including four night hours on watch.
For more detailed information about the Superyacht Interior Foundation course please attend an open day or register interest using the links on the right. You can also read about this course from a graduate Isabella Joiner