Watersports Instructor Training for Neilson
Applications now open!
About the Course
UKSA have been working alongside Neilson, leading specialists in active holidays, to deliver a bespoke part-funded Watersports Instructor Training course for the last five years.
In 2019 24 places are being offered to train to become a dinghy sailing and windsurfing instructor over the ten-week course and upon successful completion of the scheme, you will be guaranteed employment for two seasons at a Neilson resort.
Where can it take you?
With a shortage of qualified watersports instructors to meet the demands of the popular and growing activity holiday industry, we have teamed up with Neilson to find the right people for the job, deliver the highest quality training and remove the financial barriers that many may face.
Neilson has locations around the globe and, on graduation, you go to a guaranteed job in one of their beach resorts in Greece, Spain, Sardinia or Croatia.
Top 3 reasons to train with UKSA
- Top quality instructors
- All inclusive, so you can concentrate on your studies
- Unrivaled guidance, teaching and a unique link with Neilson.
So what’s included in the Price?
- Food & accommodation
- All your equipment
- 2 summer seasons of guaranteed employment on completion of your training course
You will need to be aged 18+ and have:
- some previous recreation watersports experience (minimum one week’s recent dinghy or windsurfing experience – any candidates without this level of experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first);
- a desire to pursue a career in the Watersports Industry, working in a beachside location; and
- an outgoing, enthusiastic personality.
Previous professional watersports or customer service experience is a bonus.
Course qualifications upon completion:
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers
- RYA Seamanship Skills
- RYA Day Sailing
- RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (nonplaning)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing
- RYA Windsurfing Instructor
Governing body membership
To enable you to gain your qualifications you must become a member of the RYA, and there is a small fee payable directly once you have completed your training. for further information please follow the link to the RYA membership information.
Watch the Neilson video to get a taste of life on the resort…
All enquiries will now be for November 2019, or if you want to start your training earlier please consider our Watersports Instructor Training.