Watersports Instructor Training (4 Disciplines)
About the Watersports Instructor Training course
Our industry leading Watersports Instructor Training course will train you to become a dinghy sailing, paddleboard, paddlesport and windsurfing instructor.
You will also gain your Powerboat Level 2 qualification.
Work anywhere in the world when you graduate
Our Watersports Instructor Training provides you with the qualifications required to work in the UK and also around the world. With a huge demand for high calibre professionals in this sector you are likely to find yourself with a choice of jobs in the most idyllic locations on the planet.
All-inclusive training at UKSA
The all-inclusive course gives you practical experience, safety knowledge and all the skills required. All food and accommodation is included so you can focus on your studies.
We will prepare you for your first steps in the industry thanks to our 30 years’ of experience, unrivalled guidance, teaching, one-to-one mentoring and unique links with the maritime industry.
Price: £5,750 (including all food and accommodation)
- All food and accommodation.
- Scriptures (books)
- Kit (excluding wetsuit boots)
- Training equipment
- Industry guidance – supporting you throughout your training and helping secure employment
- At least a minimum of one week’s recent dinghy and windsurfing experience.
- Any candidates without this level experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first.
Need a helping hand – we can offer financial support:
UKSA is committed to making training and qualifications accessible to those who have the desire to succeed in a watersports career. To see a full list of all of our funding options visit our funding opportunities page or call us to talk about your options on: (01983) 203038.
Course qualifications you will gain on completion:
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers *
- RYA Seamanship Skills
- RYA Day Sailing *
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing) *
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing *
- RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor
- BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- BC Paddlesport Instructor
Stand Up Paddleboarding:
- BC Paddleboard Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA SRR Radio Operators License
- RYA First Aid
Interested and want to book?
Just call us on +44 (0)1983 203038 or email [email protected] and we will help you arrange course choices and dates.
Sign up for governing body membership
To enable you to gain your qualifications you must become a member of the RYA and BC, and there is a small fee payable to those organisations directly once you have completed your training.
Watersports Instructor Training bolt-on options:
Once you have completed the Watersports Instructor Training course, you may find that you would like to upgrade your qualifications and boost your confidence by honing your instructor skills.
The next step is to take our Watersports Instructor Development course.