Watersports Instructor Development (WID)
Develop advanced coaching and instructional skills while being coached and mentored by experienced senior instructors. Enabling you to develop a mature and effective instructional style. Learn personal competencies across a range of disciplines and upgrade your range of qualifications.
In our experience this is the most valuable period of students’ learning and development, providing the opportunity to rapidly refine instructional skills in a world-class coaching environment with invaluable expert feedback and analysis.
- A minimum of dinghy instructor level (or completion of UKSA Watersports Instructor Training)
- Windsurfing up to instructor level would be beneficial although not a requirement
- 9 weeks
- Includes all food and accommodation for the duration of your course.
Benefits of the Watersports Instructor Development programme
- Put your instructional skills to the test in a guided learning environment
- Rated by our students as the best part of their training
- Become part of the UKSA team, mentored by our experienced senior instructional team
- Gain practical experience in equipment maintenance and repair
- Build confidence in managing groups, lecturing and coaching
- Build your theoretical knowledge
- Health and safety training afloat and ashore
- Deliver service to customers and develop your personal skills
- Practice and enhance your on-the-water skills including Kayaking
- Watersports equipment maintenance
- Work experience at UKSA
- RYA Start / Intermediate / Advanced Windsurfing (dependent on ability)
- RYA Keelboat Instructor Endorsement
- RYA Multi-hull Endorsement
- RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Performance Sailing Certificate (dependent on ability)
Have a question?
Please call us on +44 (0)1983 203038 for more information or email [email protected]