Adventures to last a lifetime
UKSA is a youth charity based on the waterfront in the famous sailing town of Cowes, Isle of Wight. If you are looking for the challenges, rewards and exhilaration of sea-based watersports and team-building, UKSA can help you. With us, the lives of thousands of young people are transformed each year.
We are proud to have HRH The Princess Royal as Patron.
Why choose UKSA?
We offer the very best in outdoor educational experiences. We are accredited by CLOtC, AALA and DofE
- An RYA training establishment & BCU activity provider
- Our framework and safety protocols are exemplary, robust and 100% compliant
- Specialists in sailing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), windsurfing & team building
- Skills for life are incorporated in all our water-based outdoor programmes and activities
- We offer all-inclusive residential school visits or group residential visits
- Non-residential school days or non-residential group days
- Use our campus solely as a base camp from which to explore the Island
Our unique facilities
- Our campus is CCTV-monitored, 24/7, and every accommodation block has coded door access.
- Sole-occupancy dormitory-style rooms on a waterfront campus
- Separate leader rooms in the same block as the students’ rooms
- Night-time duty supervisors
- A large number of specially-selected watercraft on site
- A fleet of minibuses for further exploration of the Island
- Drying rooms for wet gear
- An indoor heated swimming pool
- Indoor dining room and outdoor eating areas
A safe learning Environment
UKSA has a 350-strong fleet on site which includes keelboats, dinghies, kayaks, windsurfers and paddleboards. Maintaining high levels of safety both on and off the water is our number-one priority.
We are proud of our exemplary safety record.
- We offer a 1:6 instructor to student ratio on the water and all our instructors are fully qualified.
- Constant ship-to-shore contact via two-way marine radios
- One safety boat for every six students
- Every instructor is qualified in first aid
Exceeding your expectations
We understand young people and aim to exceed your and their expectations. We have 32 years of experience in organising residential or day visits for thousands of young people each year.
Bespoke trips and activities
All trips are bespoke. You can also reap the benefits of the Island’s rich history, geography, geology and archaeology with visits to attractions such as Osborne House, Carisbrooke Castle or The Needles.
Please call us to discuss your ideas on 01983 203045 or email [email protected]
Use the menu on the left for more information about the different options we offer for schools and youth groups.Register Interest