Safety is our number one priority and always come first
Our watersports team runs a tight ship because maintaining high levels of safety and student wellbeing is their number one priority.
With thousands of children visiting every year, safety is our number one priority. We work hard to look after our young people and to safeguard their welfare by implementing a framework to ensure our safety protocols are exemplary, robust and 100 per cent compliant.
To deliver on that promise, we facilitate regular visits from the offi cial bodies and authorities that inspect and give us a licence to operate. In addition, the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom verifi es that UKSA:
- Has a process in place to assist users to plan the learning experience effectively
- Provides accurate information about our products
- Provides activities, experiences or resources that meet students’ needs
- Reviews customer experiences and acts on feedback
- Meets the need of schools and youth groups
- Has safety management processes in place to manage risk effectively
Safety first always
Our qualified watersports instructors always operate in a structured learning environment which means everyone has to wear the correct gear to be able to participate.
We also provide:
- Low student-to-instructor ratio (1:6) on the water
- Constant ship-to-shore contact via two-way marine radios
- CCTV-monitored campus 24/7 and secure perimeter fences
- Coded door access to every accommodation block
- Night-time duty supervisors
- Fire and safety briefings in the unlikely event of an emergency
- Every instructor is a qualified first-aider
- One safety boat for every six students