Let their aspirations soar
Residential school trips on the Isle of Wight
Do you feel that your students would benefit from on-the-water activities such as sailing, paddleboarding and kayaking? Or from land-based adventures? We tailor a bespoke programme of activities to suit your school’s specific objectives, ages and abilities.
What’s Included in your residential trip?
We understand the pressures on leaders and aim to make your trip as stress free as possible. We provide:
- Sole-occupancy dormitory-style rooms on a waterfront campus, with coded door access to each block on the gated site.
- Separate leader rooms in the same block as the students’ rooms.
- CCTV perimeter fences and secure front gates.
- Daily action-packed bespoke watersports and team-building programmes.
- Freshly-cooked local food including breakfast, packed lunches and a wholesome evening meal, with an emphasis on healthy eating.
- Fully-supervised evening activities. There are beach games, water polo in the indoor pool, crabbing, discos, quiz nights, orienteering and gutterboat racing.
- A chill-out area for the children.
- All wetsuits, buoyancy aids, safety helmets and other kit required for activities.
- A team of expert instructors.
- Return ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight.
What activities do we offer?
Watersports activities (0900-16.30):
Team building activities (0900-16.30):
- Raft build and race, Orienteering, wet team games with paddleboards and pontoon jumps.
Evening activities (18.30-2100):
- Water polo or team games in our indoor pool, crabbing, mini Olympics in the park, egg drop or team games by the sea.
Food is an incredibly important part of the UKSA experience, as thousands of students and teachers tell us. All of our meals are freshly prepared and cooked on campus and served in our communal dining hall.
UKSA incorporates and includes Skills for Life in all activities
When requested, this report helps to measure and evaluate student confidence in our six key categories. We do this using a scaling approach before and after their visit to compare progress and confidence growth through their stay with us.