UKSA Watersports Instructor Traineeship
NEW – This new course developed in partnership with HTP Training is a fully funded 18 week course where young people can now apply to train to become a watersports instructor, for free!
You will train in four watersports disciplines: dinghy sailing, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding and windsurfing. The course also includes the provision of functional skills in English and Maths* as well as a phase of work experience.
Who is the course for?
Learners must be aged 16 – 18 as of 31st August 2015. It is suitable for absolute beginners, although an interest in a career in watersports is necessary.
As a funded course, there will be a selection process. Please ask one of our course advisors for more information about this.
The course is fully funded by HTP Training, should you wish to live onsite (full board) during the course there is a cost of £2,340.
Please talk to one of our course advisors for more details.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA SRR Radio Operators License
- RYA First Aid at Sea
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Sailing with Spinnakers *
- RYA Seamanship Skills
- RYA Day Sailing *
- RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing) *
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing *
- RYA Windsurfing Instructor
Stand Up Paddleboarding
- BSUPA Paddleboard Instructor Level 1
- BCU Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- BCU 2 Star Kayak and Canoe
Following our Watersports Traineeship, there will be many career opportunities open to you all over the world. Suitable graduates will be offered employment for the 2016 season at UKSA.
Further career options include instructing to a senior level after a minimum two seasons’ experience, resort or watersports centre manager, teaching or working on a superyacht (STCW or Crew Training would give access to these jobs on superyachts).
To help you secure employment, you will have access to our online job service and Industry Guidance team throughout your time at UKSA and once you have graduated.
Call our dedicated course advisors on 01983 203038.
* Students with A-C grades in Maths and English will be exempt from the functional skills elements of the course and will instead gain additional work experience
RYA = Royal Yachting Association
BSUPA = British Stand Up Paddleboarding Association
BCU = British Canoe Union