Talk to us and about financial support
UKSA is a charity and, thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we are able to provide funding support to enable the next generation of motivated and talented young people to embark on long-term careers on or around the water.
What funding is available?
Funding is available to 17-25 year olds in financial need for selected Careers Courses. We have various funds and bursaries available:
- Superyacht Cadetship Funding opportunities
- Noel Lister Memorial Fund
- Stephen Thomas Bursary
- Milo Hanlon Bursary
- Will Black
- Royal Merchant Navy Education Foundation
Our course advisors are here to help
Your course advisor will be able assess your eligibility, advise you on how much you might be able to get funded for, and support you with your funding applications.
Alternatively, complete this quick enquiry for and we will come back to you and let you know which options are right for you.
These schemes are also available for selected UKSA Courses:
- Career Development Loans: this popular Government backed bank loan provides up to £10,000 to over 18s who are British Citizens. Loans are usually offered at a reduced interest rate and the government pays interest while you’re studying. Our CDL registration number is 2835.
- Our Further Education courses, delivered with the Isle of Wight College are fully funded for 16-19 year olds.
- Our partnership with Neilson Active Holidays enables us to offer 80% funded Watersports Instructor Training with guaranteed employment