When was the last time you felt unstoppable?
Join our 3-week NCS summer holiday activity programme for teenagers today and have the time of your life!
NCS is a once in a lifetime experience that helps build your confidence and self-belief so that you can take on anything in life:
- Experience living away from home.
- All equipment provided, experienced instructors
- Develop skills and learn something new
- Food, accommodation and activities, all in for up to £50!
- More than 400,000 young people have already said YES to NCS. Don’t. Miss. Out!
Top 5 reasons to say YES!
- NCS looks good on your UCAS personal statement
- You learn the skills employers value
- Learn to budget and live for yourself.
- Meet incredible people
- Get your voice heard!
So why UKSA and what are the dates?
The National Citizen Service (NCS) on the Isle of Wight is delivered by UKSA, in partnership with The EFL Trust.
We are currently accepting applications for our Summer ’19 three week programmes over the following dates:
NCS Summer 2019 dates
- 8th July ’19 – 3 weeks (Week one at Runway End Activity Centre in Aldershot) FULL*
- 22nd July ’19 – 3 weeks (Week one at Calshot Activity Center) FULL*
- 5th August ’19 – 3 weeks (Week one at Calshot Activity Center)
* Wave 1 & 2 are now full but you can add your name to the waiting list should a place become available.
What is involved?
WEEK 1: Adrenaline packed off-Island residential (inc. all food, accommodation, and travel from UKSA to Calshot and back)
- Mon-Fri: Feel the freedom of the outside world during 5 days away from home. Each programme kicks off with an away residential where you will take part in adrenaline-fuelled activities whilst developing the leadership and team working skills. You will have the opportunity to go skiing/snowboarding, biking climbing and try a variety of watersports activities. Your team will cheer you along every step of the way, sharing in every challenge and every success. Then you’ll have a few days back at home for some much-needed rest!
WEEK 2: Island residential & caring for your community
- Mon-Fri: Expect transformation because this week is about developing YOU. Next, closer to home, you will learn important life skills such as budgeting and first aid whilst experiencing a taste of independent living. You’ll learn essential life skills from local business leaders and charities, gain confidence in public speaking, communications skills, and budgeting. There will be workshops on money matters, mental health and well-being, fire safety, first aid, presentation skills, CV and career planning. It all looks great on your CV, whatever you choose to do next!
WEEK 3: Non-residential week at UKSA
- Mon-Fri: Now it’s time to make your mark. Back at home, you and your team will devise a community project based on an issue you feel passionate about. You have the skills and confidence to do anything – the more, the better! Our 2018 students were involved with raising funds for the Islands very first Seabin! This is your chance to feel proud by making a real difference in your community.
CELEBRATION – After the programme
- Finally, take stock of all you’ve achieved. You’ll have overcome challenges, pushed yourself into new and exciting territories, and had the experiences you never thought possible. Celebrate your triumphs with your fellow NCSers at one great event before exploring all the opportunities NCS opens you up to. This is just the beginning!
“This programme fits perfectly with UKSA as it’s an extension of the type of work we already do with young people, easing that all-important transition from their school days to working life. By the end of the programme, it was clear to see the young people’s confidence had increased through the teamwork and leadership skills they had undertaken. It is also a fantastic opportunity for them to have a greater awareness of their local community.” NCS Coordinator
How much will it cost?
Thanks to government funding, the cost of the programme is only £50 for 3 weeks. The actual programme value for each place is worth £1,500!
Phase 1 – Residential at Calshot with all travel, food & accommodation included
Phase 2 – Residential at UKSA with all food and accommodation included
Phase 3 – Non-residential at UKSA with lunch included
So make sure you sign up early to avoid disappointment!! Discounts are available on a case-by-case basis, please contact the NCS Coordinator for further details.
YES! How do I sign up?
Don’t miss out! Say YES to NCS!