RYA Dingy Instructor Course
The RYA Dinghy Instructor course is a widely recognised teaching qualification that will equip you to inspire and teach the next generation.
Taught by our own qualified instructors, you’ll cover the RYA method, the structure of RYA and how to teach sailing.
The standard qualification for anyone wanting to teach dinghy sailing, during your training, you’ll learn how to coach the RYA syllabus, the skills of being a successful instructor, effective communication styles and teaching methods.
Please see below the RYA Dinghy Instructor Requirements:
- Be aged 16 years or older
- Hold a valid first aid certificate click here for a list of acceptable first aid certificates.
- Hold an RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate
- Hold the RYA Safe and Fun Certificate. This is completed via the RYA interactive online course and can be booked through UKSA for an additional £10 fee.
- Have completed the pre-entry sailing assessment within 1 year prior to the instructor training course. (Please note the pre-entry sailing assessment is included on the first day of the RYA Dinghy Instructor course at UKSA)
Although not required, we would also advise you to complete the RYA Advanced Sailing courses, including RYA Seamanship Skills and RYA Sailing with Spinnakers. Training completed up to this level will be tested within the pre-entry assessment.
The RYA Dinghy Instructor Course Syllabus is taught with a ratio of (6:1) students to instructor. Candidates will be required to demonstrate competence in:
- Course preparation
- Delivery and management
- Customer liaison