Learning, skills and fun – all part of the package
Residential school trips on the Isle of Wight
Come to UKSA with your school or youth group and enjoy the multi-activity residential visits UKSA are renowned for. Learn to sail, paddleboard, windsurf, kayak and more. Activities are tailored to your group’s desires, age and ability.
- Sole occupancy youth hostel style dormitory accommodation at our waterfront campus, with your own key code
- Return ferry travel to and from the Isle of Wight
- Daily action-packed watersports and team building programme
- Full board: freshly cooked food including Full English breakfast, packed lunches either on site or to take on activities, and wholesome evening meal. Emphasis on healthy eating (for example, daily salad bar and fresh fruit available).
- Evening activities: students will be fully supervised and there’s no time to get bored! Options include beach games, water polo in the indoor pool, crabbing, disco, quiz night, orienteering, gutterboat racing. Dedicated children’s area available.
- All wetsuits, buoyancy aids, safety helmets and any other kit required for your activities
- Free wifi
- We have an incredible 350 watercraft on site from paddleboards to the iconic and historical Gipsy Moth IV.
- Fleet of minibuses for off-site exploring
- Drying rooms for wet gear
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Communal dining room and outside eating spaces
Skills for Life
We can incorporate Skills For Life into our four-night residential activity visits.
If you request an evaluation in advance, then we’ll use a scaling approach to measure and evaluate students’ progress in key areas. On arrival, students complete an individual evaluation form that lists the soft skills they will focus on during their stay.
Whether or not you choose this option, all our residential visits incorporate the Every Child Matters Outcome Framework by encouraging:
- Healthy living through exercise and diet
- Ways of making a positive contribution
- Being responsible and staying safe
- Achieving economic well-being
- Enjoying and achieving through active participation