MCA Approved Engine Certificate 2 (AEC2) Course
The general appreciation of basic marine diesel mechanics and electrics
The MCA Approved Engine Certificate 2 (AEC2) course leads on from the AEC1, providing practical hands on training and theoretical learning across a range of auxiliary systems.
About the course
This new course leads on from the Approved Engine Course 1, providing practical hands on training and theoretical learning across a range of auxiliary systems aboard Small Vessels within the yacht, workboat, fishing, tugs sectors of the maritime industry. It will enable you to work on board yachts as engineer/ dual deck engineer.
Who is the AEC2 course for?
This course is the second level qualification for the MCA Small Vessel Engineering Officer training scheme.
The all-inclusive price includes all food and accommodation for the duration of your course. Non-residential price is inclusive of lunch only.
Enables you to work as engineer onboard a Small Vessel, including dual role deck / engineer positions.
MCA Approved Engine Certificate 2 (AEC2).
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Must have completed MCA approved AEC 1 course
- Or an equivalent where one can clearly demonstrate that previous qualifications and experience held cover the contents of the AEC 1 syllabus. This will be reviewed case for case review, when an application for exemption is received
- Or possess a suitable exemption as per the MIN 524
MCA Approved Engine Certificate 2 (AEC2) Course Syllabus
- Refrigeration Systems
- Legislation and Management requirements
- Maintenance Systems
- Safe Systems of Work
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Theoretical Knowledge for Maintenance
- Practical Skills for Maintenance
- Potable Fresh Water Systems
- Sewage Systems
Please follow the link for the full MCA Approved Engine Certificate (AEC2) syllabus.
Looking to work on vessels?
Note: You will be required to hold the STCW Basic Safety Training qualification.
Dates and pricing
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||26/06/2023||30/06/2023||£900||£1,100|
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||21/08/2023||25/08/2023||£900||£1,100|
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||18/09/2023||22/09/2023||£900||£1,100|
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||23/10/2023||27/10/2023||£900||£1,100|
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||20/11/2023||24/11/2023||£900||£1,100|
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||11/12/2023||15/12/2023||£900||£1,100|
|Approved Engine Certificate 2||05/02/2024||09/02/2024||£855||£1,015|