Watersports Instructor Training
UKSA trained instructors are in high demand worldwide
Would you like to work in the watersports industry or looking to turn your existing watersports skills into a career? If so, this is the course for you. We’re the perfect training provider for water lovers to get involved and to build a career out on the water.
About the Watersports Instructor Training course
UKSA’s Watersports Instructor Training is a customised, comprehensive training package that gives you all the skills you need to start your career in the watersports industry. This action-packed 13 week course is delivered by our industry-leading instructors with a focus on working directly with each individual student. UKSA has been delivering watersports instructor training for over 35 years and we are proud that our one-to-one sessions, mentoring, careers advice and recruitment support gives you the edge needed to enter the industry with confidence.
Sounds good? It is – AND we happen to be located in Cowes meaning you have access to arguably the best training waters in the world – The Solent…
- 13 weeks training
- Qualify as a multi-disciplined instructor to teach dinghy sailing, windsurfing and wingsurfing
- Gain your multihull endorsement
- Train on paddleboards and paddlesports crafts
- Industry guidance from our professional recruitment team
- Guaranteed job interview with at least one industry employer
At the end of our Watersports Instructor Training course, you are invited to stay on at UKSA for two weeks and deliver alongside those who were once your instructors and be part of the delivery team. Our aim to is make sure you hit the employment ground running. You’ve got the tickets, so let’s make sure you can use them.
You will get the chance to see the background work of what’s needed to deliver great sessions afloat and put all of your training into practice.
You will typically be delivering taster sessions to our residential groups and alongside that support all the processes which keeps our team functioning. Such as:
- Attend all staff briefings and debriefs
- Site prep and maintenance
- Defect repairs and reporting
- Mentoring and 1:1’s from our Senior Team
- Leadership opportunities on sessions (with support)
- Further training as per time of year
- Broaden your scope of experiences
All of these can be added to your CV as UKSA will be proud to offer a reference to recognise the experience gained from being part of our team.
This two week module is free of charge for our Watersports Instructor graduates, we simply ask for £20 per night to cover your accommodation and three meals a day.
Speak to our team to find out more:
To enable you to gain your qualifications you must become a member of the RYA and BC. There is a small fee payable to those organisations directly once you have completed your training.
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Better Sailing Level 3
- RYA Seamanship Skill Modules
- RYA Advanced Sailing
- RYA Pre-Assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Multihull Endorsement
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- Working towards RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Wingsurfing Instructor
Paddlesport & Paddleboarding:
- BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- BC Kayak and Canoe Training
- SUP Training
- At least a minimum of one week’s recent dinghy and windsurfing experience.
A helping hand for those in need
Depending on your individual circumstances, you can apply for up to 80% assisted funding to help you kick-start your adventure. The Noel Lister Memorial fund and the Milo Hanlon bursary aims to support young people who have little financial support, but who are driven by a dream to work in the marine industry. These bursaries are repayable and more information can be found on our funding page below.
Training at UKSA gives you excellent value for money as all food and accommodation, tuition, mentoring and careers guidance are included in ONE PRICE. There are no hidden extra costs at UKSA.
- Experienced and dedicated instructors
- All kit (excluding wet suit boots)
- Training equipment
- Scriptures (books)
- Careers mentoring and CV guidance from our dedicated industry guidance team
Train at UKSA and you will enjoy these EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS:
- Purpose built classrooms and all kit on one site
- Time spent learning in various tidal and wind ranges
- One-to-one mentoring throughout the course from your instructors
- Networking on site throughout your time at UKSA
- Use of our swimming pool, gym and sports hall