Watersports Instructor Training
Watersports Instructor Training (4 Disciplines)
Looking to work as a Watersports instructor anywhere in the world upon graduation? Then this is the course for you. We’re the perfect training provider for water lovers to get involved and to build a career out on the water.
Most watersports courses offer two, maybe three, disciplines. Here at UKSA we are the only training provider offering four disciplines as standard. For maximum employability, our eleven-week course will see you qualify in teaching dinghy sailing, paddleboard, paddlesport and windsurfing – making you very desirable within the watersports industry.
Being able to do a selection of water-based sports will help build confidence on-the-water. Being confident leads to a higher quality of instruction and clients will have a more enjoyable and educational experience.
There’s no greater thrill than being on the water. Our Watersports Instructor Training provides you with employable qualifications required to work in the UK and also around the world. With a huge demand for high calibre professionals in this sector you are likely to find yourself with a choice of jobs in the most idyllic locations on the planet.
- At least a minimum of one week’s recent dinghy and windsurfing experience.
- Any candidates without this level of experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first.
To enable you to gain your qualifications you must become a member of the RYA and BC. There is a small fee payable to those organisations directly once you have completed your training.
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Better Sailing Level 3
- RYA Seamanship Skill Modules
- RYA Advanced Sailing
- RYA Pre-Assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
Kayak and Canoe
- BC Paddlesport Instructor
Stand Up Paddleboarding
- BC Paddleboard Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Safe and Fun
- BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
Get free careers advice
You’re being paid to have fun so come in with new energy every day. Take a moment, once a day, to realise the difference that you’ve made to someone’s life. Try to be the biggest child among a group of them! No matter what you want to do, UKSA has it all waiting for you.
Liam Fussey – UKSA Watersports Instructor/Watersports Instructor Training