RYA Dinghy Start
What will you learn during the course?
By the end of the course you will have learnt all about the essentials of sail handling, wind awareness, steering, ropework and safety at sea. This course then leads perfectly on to the next level course, Dinghy Improver.
This course is ideal for complete beginners and requires no prerequisites.
RYA Youth Stage 1 and 2.
The syllabus is taught with a ratio of (6:1) students to instructor and covers the following:
- Stage 1 – A basic understanding of how a boat sails, with some experience of steering and handling the boat
- Stage 2 – A range of sailing skills and knowledge to help in becoming a confident sailor
For more information about the full RYA dinghy youth syllabus, please click here.
During this course participants will be working towards the course syllabus and RYA stages as advertised, however sign off and completion of the participants logbook will be dependent on their ability.
- All equipment
- Packed lunch daily
- All equipment
- 4 nights kids camp bunk style accommodation (Monday – Thursday)
- Buffet breakfast, packed lunch and hot evening meal
- Full evening activities programme, including:
- UKSA Olympics
- In-house Cinema
- Human Board Games
- Egg Drop
- Treasure Hunt
- Pool Games
Children are supervised at all times by our experienced and safeguard trained watersports instructor team throughout the day. Those on residential courses have access to their own dedicated kid’s area and evening activities programme run by our expert evening entertainments teams.
We offer a discounted rate for permanent island residents please contact us for more information.
|Dinghy Start Youth||24/10/2022||28/10/2022||Full||Full|