RYA Windsurf Instructor
During this five-day RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor course, you’ll develop an understanding of instructional techniques both ashore and afloat, learn how to teach the RYA syllabus, and build on the skills required by instructors. The syllabus is taught with a ratio of (8:1) students to instructor.
As a Start Windsurfing Instructor, you’ll be qualified to teach the RYA adult course, as well as youth stages 1 and 2.
This course is all-inclusive. The cost covers your food and accommodation for the duration of the training, as well as the kit and equipment needed.
To complete this course, you’ll need:
- To be at least 16 years old
- A valid first aid certificate – click here for a list of acceptable first aid certificates.
- An intermediate non-planing certificate with beach starting and non-planing gybe clinics
- An RYA Powerboat Level 2 certificate
- An RYA Safe and Fun certificate – attainable by completing the RYA Interactive online course. This can be booked through UKSA for an additional £10.00 admin fee.
Upon successful completion of this course, you’ll be awarded the RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor qualification.