The best fleet for the best training
Our yachts and watersports equipment
At UKSA you’ll find a comprehensive fleet of yachts, and a whole range of quality, top brand watersports equipment. So you’ll be able to learn and develop your skills on different yachts and equipment.
Our fleet of sailing yachts ensures that students have access to the broadest possible range of experiences at sea. The majority are comfortable cruising yachts between 33ft and 45ft in length. These make ideal training vessels.
We’ve recently invested in two larger Farr 65 yachts. These often sail between Cowes and Gibraltar, providing qualifying Ocean passages for our career students.
At the other end of the spectrum, our smaller keelboats provide a great learning platform and a step up from dinghy sailing to yachting.
Our yachts are always busy and cover many miles at sea. So they’re regularly put in to refit to ensure they remain in good condition and so that our professional maintenance team can deal with any repairs.
The yachts we currently use for sail training:
- Two ‘Farr’ 65ft yachts designed specifically to be high performance racing vessels that can be safely sailed by amateur crew.
- Three ‘Sweden’ yachts – two 42ft and one 39ft. These are well-proportioned yachts that offer comfortable cruising.
- Two ‘Elan’ yachts, one 36ft and one 45ft, which provide a great balance between performance and cruising comfort.
- Two ‘Jeanneau’ yachts, both 43ft – easy to handle and great sail training vessels.
- ‘Gipsy Moth IV’, a 54ft Ketch sailed in a famous single-handed circumnavigation by Sir Francis Chichester in 1966-7.
- Three ‘Colgate’ 26ft matched keelboats give confidence and skills to beginners.
- Three ‘J80′ keelboats – great fun and designed specifically for training and racing
Our watersports equipment
We have a large fleet of dinghies, from those suitable for beginners such as RS Quests and RS Visions, to those for a more advanced dinghy sailor like RS500’s, RS Cat 16’s and Wayfarers which we use for RYA double handed spinnaker courses.
With over selection of over 40 professional kayaks, theres a type for everyone. These include Pyranha river kayaks and Ocean Pro sit-on-tops, as well as open Canadian canoes that are ideal for touring.
Our windsurfing equipment covers everyone, no matter what level you’re at. We have Starboard models ranging from the Rio, Kode and for the more intermediate windsurfer the Carve. For the advanced windsurfer we also have Taboo Bullet boards. These can all be used with a range of sails from our smaller 4m to the larger 7m from brands Tushingham an Gaastra. We also have a range of RYA Fast Forward land-based simulators that help you learn basic skills before putting them into action on the water.
Stand Up Paddle Boards
Our large fleet of paddle boards from RED Paddle Co. and Vandals means that there are enough boards for everyone.
We currently have over 20 RIBs and small power vessels for a variety of different activities. These include 6 metre/75hp RIBs, smaller 3.5m boats, 18ft displacement launches and a 23ft semi-displacement.
With two SeaDoo jet skis in our fleet, students not only have some high speed fun on the water but our jet ski course also compliment our career courses.