UKSA Watersports Academy
Gain valuable work experience on graduation as a UKSA watersports instructor
Aimed at young adults (18-25) who want to work for UKSA in Cowes, Isle of Wight as a watersports instructor on graduation.
At UKSA we employ and train a large number of watersports instructors every year and subsequently offer many different opportunities to start a career within the watersports industry.
The Watersports Academy course is aimed at young adults (18-25) and offers students who complete the programme an opportunity of a role with UKSA, in Cowes on completion. Successful candidates will gain valuable work experience teaching students from a variety of schools, groups, children with additional needs, individuals that have never experienced watersports and those returning to progress their training. It’s a great job and hugely rewarding!
Only 12 places are being offered to train to become an RYA Dinghy instructor, RYA Start Windsurf instructor plus the BC Paddlesport and Paddleboard instructor!
Work for UKSA
On completion of the scheme, successful graduates will be employment for two seasons (April-September) at UKSA with a chance to extend until the beginning of November subject to UKSA’s bookings.
This is a fantastic start to a career in the maritime industry and on completion of the summer seasons, you will then be all set to travel the world and work. It can also open doors for you if you choose to upgrade your qualifications and move into the elite superyacht industry.
- You will need to be aged 18-25
- A desire to pursue a career in the Watersports Industry
- An outgoing, enthusiastic personality
- Previous experience in watersports is desirable but not essential
- Customer service experience is desirable
- Successful interview at UKSA
A helping hand for those in need
UKSA is committed to making training and qualifications accessible to those who have the desire to succeed in a watersports career. For this course were are able to help with assisted funding subject to interview. Call us to talk about your options on: (01983) 203038.
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Better Sailing Level 3
- RYA Seamanship Skill Modules
- RYA Advanced Sailing
- RYA Pre-Assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
Kayak and Canoe
- BC Paddlesport Instructor
Stand Up Paddleboarding
- BC Paddleboard Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Safe and Fun
- BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
Governing body membership
To enable you to gain your qualifications you must become a member of the RYA and BC. There is a small fee payable directly to those organisations once you have completed your training.
- All kit (excluding wet suit boots)
- Training equipment
- UKSA instructor in-house training
- Scriptures (books)
- 2 seasons of guaranteed employment at UKSA in the Watersports Department on completion of your training course
Register your interest
I’d advise others doing this course to just get stuck in! Don’t worry about making mistakes – they just make you a better instructor in the future.
Ben Johnston – UKSA Watersports Instructor – UKSA Watersports Academy