The UKSA Watersports Academy is open to 18-25 year olds looking to gain valuable qualifications and experience to embark upon a career in the watersports industry. UKSA’s goal is to train and employ future instructors giving them the skills and qualities needed to be able to produce high-quality sessions out on the water.
During your 11 weeks of training, you will gain the essential skills and qualifications you need to qualify as a multi disciplined watersports instructor. You will have a dedicated mentor during your training, who has a number of years of experience within the watersports industry as an instructor and experience at UKSA.
On successful completion of the scheme, graduates will be employed by UKSA for two busy summer seasons. Whilst being employed at UKSA you will be teaching individuals and groups including children aged 6 to 15, young adults and diverse groups. UKSA summer seasons in the watersports department starts from April onwards.
Training at UKSA
- Purpose built classrooms and all kit on one site
- Time spent learning in various tidal and wind ranges
- One-to-one mentoring throughout the course from your instructors
- Dedicated UKSA training days
- All accommodation and food included
- Use of our swimming pool, gym and sports hall
- Qualify to teach dinghy sailing and windsurfing
- Gain your keelboat endorsement
- Train on paddleboards and paddlesports crafts
- Learn team building exercises
- All delivered in a COVID-19 secure environment
Employment at UKSA
- National minimum wage – up to 40hrs per week over 5 days
- Accommodation & food available
- Ongoing training and development
- Gaining experience within a challenging & diverse training environment
- Uniform provided for the season
- Use of kit during free time (depending on availability)
- Opens up UKSA pathways on completion of season two
Speak to our team to find out more: