Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW A-VI/1-2)
The Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention course deals with the necessary precautions to minimise the risk of fires aboard ship. It examines how fires are caused and the first means of extinguishing them.
The aim of the course is to give seafarers the essential education and training in fire fighting and fire prevention, particularly focusing on:
- Understanding the risk of fire onboard and how to minimise those risks
- Learning how to fight and extinguish fires as well as search for and recover casualties
- Covering how to wear fire fighting equipment including personal breathing apparatus and safe use of fire extinguishers.
- Includes all food and accommodation.
- 2.5 days
- STCW Basic Training Certificate
Please note, you can also do this module as part of the STCW Basic Safety Training course rather than individually.
Examination and assessment:
- A certificate is awarded on the basis of continuous assessment.
This course contains some exercises that are physically demanding. Any candidate unsure of their fitness for such activities should consult their doctor.