General Ship Knowledge (OOW Yachts)
The General Ship Knowledge (OOW Yacht) course is an introduction to ship construction, stresses and corrosion, transverse stability, reserve buoyancy and damage control, meteorology and seamanship, watchkeeping, preparation for sea and maintenance. The course covers a wide range of material.
At least RYA/IYT Yachtmaster Offshore certificate, together with the corresponding shorebased certificate, plus STCW Basic Training and Efficient Deck Hand.
Examination and assessment:
Assessment consists of a 2.5 hour theory paper. A 60% mark is required to pass the examination.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights