Navigation and Radar (OOW Yacht)
This course includes sections on the Collision Regulations, chart work, Buoyage, Electronic Navigation Aids, ECDIS, AIS, Radar and ARPA. Theory is covered in the first 10 days, concluding with a written examination. The third week’s training takes place in our simulator suite. This practical part of the course is subject to continuous assessment.
At least RYA/IYT Yachtmaster Offshore certificate, together with the corresponding shorebased certificate, plus STCW Basic Training.
3 weeks (Monday – Friday)
Examination and assessment:
The examination consists of a 2.5 hour paper in two parts. A 60% mark in each part is required to pass the examination.
All modules have a ‘life’ of three years.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights