Proficiency in Medical First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
HURRY BOOK NOW – 10% OFF OUR OCTOBER COURSE NOW ONLY £585 (res) or £531 (non-res)!
The STCW Proficiency in Medical First Aid On Board Ship course is a module of the MCA Chief Mate certification. This MCA First Aid course provides knowledge of giving first aid safely at sea, and contains both theoretical and practical elements to build capability and confidence. It is designed with seafarers in mind. It covers subjects including medical emergencies, resuscitation, poisons temperature extremes, wounds and bleeding, head injuries, fractures and dislocations, and spinal injuries, among other subjects.
Candidates must have successfully completed MCA approved training in Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
Examination and assessment:
Contains a practical assessment and written examination at the end of the course.
Why go all-inclusive with UKSA?
- Our hassle free, all-inclusive packages leave you to focus on your studies
- Full board, twin occupancy en-suite accommodation on our 3.5 acre waterside campus
- ‘In between’ nights’ are included if you book consecutive courses*
- More than a 9-5 training provider – evening and weekend access to our classrooms and resources
- Flexible and extensive course scheduling
- On-site bar, open every evening – great for socialising and networking
“The best thing about the UKSA experience is having everything on campus including food accommodation and after hours study rooms” UKSA Professional student
*up to a maximum of 3 nights