Start your yachting or superyacht career with UKSA
Whether you want to work as a:
- Yacht skipper
- Yachting Instructor
- Superyacht Deckhand
- Superyacht Steward/stewardess
- Superyacht Captain
We have a course that will be right for you.
Did you know?
More than 50% of our yachting training graduates go in to the elite superyacht industry. Entry-level salaries are around €2,000-€2,500 a month tax free, and in some cases you will also receive some very generous tips.
So which course is right for me?
- Superyacht Cadetship This flagship course is your perfect alternative to university. We have developed a structured 4-year apprenticeship for those wanting a career on superyachts. Entering the industry as a Deckhand after your first phase of training you will complete the course as an Officer. You also have the option of completing a Foundation Degree in Operational Yacht Science with Falmouth Marine School alongside your training.
- Professional Yachtmaster Offshore With the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore qualification you will be qualified to skipper a cruising yacht on any passage where the yacht is no more than 150 miles from harbour. This qualification will open doors for you across the yachting industry, be it flotilla, sail training, deliveries or superyachting.
- Professional Yachtmaster Training at Neilson UKSA is working in partnership with Neilson, leading specialists in active holidays, to deliver a bespoke part-funded RYA Yachtmaster Offshore course. You will train to become a flotilla skipper and upon successful completion of the scheme, you will be guaranteed employment for two seasons at a Neilson resort as a qualified Yachtmaster.
- Superyacht Crew Training We have developed this course as the ideal entry route into the superyacht industry. Expanding on the entry level skills gained as part of STCW Basic Safety Training you will gain powerboat, jet ski and tender handling qualifications, learn superyacht specific maintenance & cleaning skills, and radio certification. Ideal if you’re exploring your options without wanting to commit to a long-term career at this stage.
- Superyacht Interior Foundation This PYA GUEST* accredited course will give you a solid introduction and skill set for your new role as a superyacht steward/stewardess. We have developed our Interior Foundation to incorporate all elements of the GUEST Introduction Level qualification alongside floristry, powerboat and radio certification, basic yachting skills and industry guidance.
Where can these courses take me?
Working in this elite industry will teach you skills you wouldn’t learn in a average role. You will be networking with a wide range of influential people from all walks of life opening up opportunities you may never have dreamed of! Your training will enforce a level of expertise and attention to detail that will set you up for any career as these skill are transferable into many industries.
Why UKSA is the perfect training partner for this elite industry?
Our courses are taught by industry experts who have perfected these training programmes to send you into the yachting and superyacht industries with all the right tools to excel.
We have an expert Industry Guidance team who will support you through your training and during your career. They are always available to offer help and advice whenever you need it. The team have first hand experience within the industry and many started their career at UKSA.Register Interest