Superyacht Hospitality Training
Superyacht Stewardess and Steward training course
First-class hospitality training
Would you like to travel and visit the world’s most beautiful destinations whilst earning on average €2,500 per month tax-free plus tips? If so then we have the right course for you.
Those seeking the superyacht lifestyle might be interested to learn that in just three weeks it’s possible to equip yourself with the initial skills needed to work onboard. UKSA’s Superyacht Hospitality course can launch your career working as a steward or stewardess working onboard superyachts in this luxury hospitality industry.
As the superyacht industry continues to grow year on year, so does the demand for well-trained interior crew to provide the exceptional levels of service and attention to detail expected onboard these luxury vessels.
At UKSA we have seen on average 80% of our students securing a role within 3 months of completing their training.
- Personal presentation, professional etiquette and protocol
- Table management, placement and settings
- Styles of service, course and order of service, buffets
- Cocktails, bartending, wine and spirits appreciation (covering knowledge of wines and port)
- Party, event planning and execution
- 7* Housekeeping and attention to detail/superyacht cleaning
- Laundry services
- Health and safety onboard
- Crew dynamics and life on-board
- Understanding the high standards required for catering on yachts
Steward/Stewardess’s are typically required to work long hours and must be physically fit and able. You must be energetic and enthusiastic with an ability to work to a high standard in all tasks. Some previous experience in hospitality is a great bonus, but not at all necessary to join the training.
You must have an ENG1 seafarer medical fitness certificate to work at sea (click here for more details).
Whilst it’s not essential to hold your ENG1 to complete your training with UKSA, it is required to hold this to secure work in the industry. For this reason, we recommend all students gain their ENG1 before they attend training.
As a charity, we do have funding opportunities available for many of our students. UKSA is committed to make training and qualifications accessible to those who have the desire to succeed in a yachting or watersports career. Your course advisor will be able to provide you with the details, assess your eligibility and put you forward if you are a suitable candidate.
To see a full list of all of our funding options visit our funding opportunities page
or call us to talk about your options on +44 (0)1983 203038
Our Superyacht Hospitality qualification is inline with the Introductory Level 1 (GUEST) programme. You will gain the following qualifications plus the GUEST Introductory (Level 1) certificate of confidence on completion of this course:
- GUEST Yacht Interior Introduction module
- GUEST Basic Food service module
- Foundation Food Safety Certificate
- GUEST Wine, bar-tending & Mixology module
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety / Food Hygiene
- UKSA Superyacht Hospitality Training Certificate
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security duties
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
Get free careers advice
I have honestly had one of the best times of my life. I have made friends that I’ll have forever and the experience as a whole has had a huge impact on me. If I was to advise someone how to get the best from this course I would say go to the bar in the evenings, speak to people and take any advice that is offered. In this way you will be prepared for your future in the superyacht industry.
Maria Barratt – Networking/SY Hospitality/Maria Barratt