The Neilson Academy delivered by UKSA
Dreaming of a job in the sun? Work for Neilson in one of their beach resorts upon graduation
Qualified watersports instructors are in high demand in the growing holiday industry. Take this option if you want to work for Neilson for 2 seasons at one of their beach resorts in Greece, Spain, Sardinia or Croatia.
UKSA have been working alongside Neilson, leading specialists in active holidays, to deliver a bespoke part-funded Watersports Instructor Training course for the last six years.
In 2019, 24 places are being offered to train to become a dinghy sailing and windsurfing instructor over the ten-week course held at UKSA in Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Upon successful completion of the scheme, you will be guaranteed employment for two seasons at a Neilson resort.
How much will this course cost me?
You pay only £1,000 towards the costs and Neilson will fund the remaining £3,995!
- Top quality instructors
- All inclusive, so you can concentrate on your studies
- Unrivalled guidance, teaching and a unique link with Neilson
- Guaranteed job in one of their beach resorts in Greece, Spain, Sardinia or Croatia
- With the support from Neilson this programme becomes more affordable for those with financial barriers
- You will need to be aged 18+
- Some previous recreation watersports experience (minimum one week’s recent dinghy or windsurfing experience – any candidates without this level of experience will be required to complete the two-week Kickstart course first)
- A desire to pursue a career in the Watersports Industry, working in a beach side location
- An outgoing, enthusiastic personality
- RYA Start Sailing Level 1
- RYA Basic Skills Level 2
- RYA Better Sailing Level 3
- RYA Seamanship Skill Modules
- RYA Advanced Sailing
- RYA Pre-Assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Start Windsurfing
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (non-planing)
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing (planing)
- RYA Advanced Windsurfing
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Marine Short Range Radio
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Safe and Fun
Governing body membership
To enable you to gain your qualifications you must become a member of the RYA. There is a small fee payable directly once you have completed your training. for further information please follow the link to the RYA membership information.
- All kit (excluding wet suit boots)
- Training equipment
- Scriptures (books)
- Neilson representative through the course
- 2 summer seasons of guaranteed employment on completion of your training course
Register your interest
I’ve always loved being on the water but I never thought I could use it to do coaching and get paid for it! After 2 years with Neilson, I hope I’ll be able to progress further with them and maybe train as a snowboard instructor for their winter season.
Craig Walsh – Student/The Neilson Academy