Train2Gain with UKSA is a customised, comprehensive training package that gives you all the skills you need to start your career with us.
This action-packed course runs for 40 days and 40 nights and like Noah’s Ark, it involves a lot of water! Delivered by our industry-leading instructors with a focus on working directly with each individual student. UKSA has been delivering watersports instructor training for over 35 years and we are proud that our one-to-one sessions, mentoring, careers advice and recruitment support gives you the edge needed to enter the industry with confidence.
Please note that this programme is for candidates seeking employment at UKSA and therefore an attendance interview is mandatory.
This course is fully funded by UKSA. No experience is necessary to push yourself past what you think you can do – all you need is to be adaptable, dependable and sociable.
Sounds good? It is – AND we happen to be located in Cowes meaning you have access to arguably the best training waters in the world – The Solent…
- 6 weeks training
- Qualify as an instructor to teach dinghy sailing
- Train on paddleboards and paddlesports crafts
- Successful interview and completion of the course leads to employment with UKSA for two seasons
- Industry guidance from our professional recruitment team
- All training provided is NGB recognised and tailored to UKSA’s unique delivery style and location. Train and learn where you will work and grow.
Included while you train with us:
- Three square meals a day
- More training
- A great real life social agenda
PLUS more fun than you can shake a stick at (trust us, you can shake a stick at a LOT of fun)
And once you’re qualified we will give you a two season fixed term contract as a Watersports Instructor @ UKSA
Once you’re qualified as a UKSA instructor, you can take advantage of a generously discounted food and accommodation package which we provide on site, reducing your day-to-day living expenses and enabling you to build up cash reserves in the bank. In your first season, if you are 18-20, you can expect to easily save up to £300 month while working with us.
- Increase your knowledge and progress your skills by working in the Solent, widely recognised as one of the most challenging and diverse training areas
- Work with a variety of different groups including, 6-7 year olds, 8-15 year olds, diverse and SEN groups and adults
- Have the full support of Team UKSA mentoring you throughout the season
- Work for five days a week – 40 hours – minimum wage for your age
- Accommodation and food provided on site for just £440 a month
- Option to also work for three evenings and get one day back as holiday
- Holiday allowance for the duration of your contract
- Ongoing training development with the opportunity to add endorsements to your qualifications during your employment
- Use of kit during free time
Applications now closed for 2023, check back later in the year for 2024 dates.