Watersports Instructor Development
Advance your watersports coaching skills
Advance your learning and take your teaching skills to the next level with this instructor development programme.
Develop advanced watersport coaching and instructional skills while being taught and mentored by experienced senior instructors. Enabling you to develop a mature and effective instructional style. Learn personal competencies across a range of disciplines and upgrade your range of qualifications.
In our experience this is the most valuable period of students’ learning and development, providing the opportunity to rapidly refine instructional skills in a world-class coaching environment with invaluable expert feedback and analysis.
- A minimum of dinghy instructor level (or completion of UKSA Watersports Instructor Training)
- Windsurfing up to instructor level would be beneficial although not a requirement
- Put your instructional skills to the test in a guided learning environment
- Work experience at UKSA using your skills and new qualifications in diverse areas
- Rated by our students as the best part of their training
- Gain practical experience in equipment maintenance and repair
- Build confidence in managing groups, lecturing and coaching
- Build your theoretical knowledge
- Health and safety training afloat and ashore
- Deliver service to customers and develop your personal skills
- Practice and enhance your on-the-water skills including Kayaking
- Watersports equipment maintenance
- RYA Start / Intermediate / Advanced Windsurfing (dependent on ability)
- RYA Advanced Dinghy
- Paddlesports Skills and Drills
- RYA Keelboat Instructor Endorsement
- RYA Multihull Endorsement
- RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- All kit (excluding wet suit boots)
- Training equipment
- Scriptures (books)
- Work experience using your new qualifications at UKSA
Register your interest
I came to UKSA with the sole expectation of learning to sail better and soon realised I could qualify as a watersports instructor and land a job quickly.
Ali Nolan – UKSA Instructor/BTEC