The Professional Yachtmaster Course
About the course
Our Professional Yachtmaster Offshore course will provide you with the comprehensive training and qualifications required to work within the maritime industry as a yacht skipper or as superyacht crew.
The RYA Yachtmaster Offshore certificate is recognised and respected around the world and is the ultimate aim of many skippers looking for employment opportunities in flotilla, charter, deliveries and instruction.
Alongside the STCW Basic Safety Training certification, the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore qualification is fast becoming the entry level requirement for those looking at a long term career within the superyacht industry. So there is no better reason to become qualified!
Did you know?
The winter months from September to January is the perfect time to complete your yachtmaster as it will leave you qualified to take advantage of all of the employment opportunities that become available during spring time in the Med. This offers you a seamless career path from training to becoming a skipper.
Winter Price £8,995* (inclusive of all food & accommodation)
Yachtmaster Course in detail
- 14-week course
- 58 days afloat
- Expert tuition on our yachts and in the class-room
- World-class facilities at our Cowes base, the home of yachting
- On-the-water from Day 1, bonding with your crew
- Sea time focused on skills and drills
- Mile-building covering a minimum of 2,500 tidal miles, including self-skippering
- Navigation training
- Radar training in our state-of-the-art simulation suite
- Basic engineering and safety training
- All food and a blend of shorebased and yacht accommodation included
- Industry Guidance and assistance with your maritime CV
- Industry professionals & potential employers are regularly on site providing our students with unique industry insight and opportunities
- Ongoing professional guidance upon graduation
RYA and MCA Qualifications upon completion:
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore (Sail) or RYA Yachtmaster Coastal (Sail)
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Shorebased
- MCA STCW Basic Training
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
- RYA Short Range Radio
- RYA Diesel Engine Maintenance
Now also included in the price*
- RYA powerboat Level 2
- RYA Personal Watercraft Proficiency (Jet Ski)
UKSA are committed to making training and qualifications accessible to those who have the desire to succeed in a yachting or watersports career. Funding could be available for this Yachtmaster course. To see a full list of all of our funding options visit our funding opportunities page or call us to talk about your options with our experienced course advisers on: (01983) 203038.
There are no other pre-requisites necessary to start the course. All that we ask is that you have enough sailing experience to know that you want a life at sea. We recommend all applicants talk through with our expert course advisors. Call us (01983) 203038 or email: [email protected]
To work professionally within the maritime industry, you must be commercially endorsed. To commercially endorse your RYA Yachtmaster Certification at the end of your training, you will need to complete the RYA Application for Commercial Endorsement Form.
For more detailed information about our Professional Yachtmaster Offshore please register your interest using the links on the right. You can also read about this course from a recent graduate Dave Whitehouse
As a charity, all our work supports and is reinvested into the delivery of our ‘Sea.Change’ activities, providing transformational opportunities to thousands of deserving young people every year.