We get people ready to face the world
Our professional training courses are a gateway to a fulfilling career in the maritime industry. But our youth development programmes and residential courses for schools and groups, young offenders, young people living on benefits and those not in education, employment or training (NEET) can be even more life-changing.
We have developed a tried and tested Menu of Success, the aim of this is to highlight what makes the difference, regardless of age, ability or background. This process has shown that there is not just one thing that contributes to the change in young people’s lives. People arrive at UKSA from all walks of life for our youth development programmes and training, through the Menu of Success we have a positive effect on the people that we work with, giving the best possible outcomes for all those involved. All get to experience:
- Raised confidence and self-belief
- A pathway towards a brighter future
- Daily interaction with positive role models
- Inspirational peer mentoring
- Help to remove barriers to employment
- The benefits of a healthy routine
- One-to-one mentoring and practical help with CVs
- Useful links to the industry
- New life skills & work skills
- Work experience / work opportunities
- New qualifications
- New aspirations
We run special charitable projects here on the Isle of Wight and further afield, delivering back-to-work programmes in areas that need our help the most.
We have a range of bursaries and funding options to help young people access our training courses.
We work with schools and groups from all parts of society and can help with the cost of some trips or fund individuals to provide access to all.